I came across the NOPE book tag when I was reading Cliste Bella’s Blog! It looked like fun so I thought I’d give it a go! I don’t know who the original creator of this tag is, so if you know, please let me know!
- NOPE. Ending:
A book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage, or simply because the ending was crappy.
Bear with me beause I have not read this book in 10 years but I remember I HATED the ending of Graceling by Kristen Cashore.
2. NOPE. Protagonist:
A main character you dislike and drives you crazy.
I mean I actually don’t know anyone who thinks differently on this one… MARE BARROW! Blech. (I like the series okay but that girl…)
3. NOPE. Series:
A series that turned out to be one huge pile of NOPE. after you’ve invested all of that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn’t worth it anymore.
Ready for an unpopular opinion? I actually do not like The Mortal Instruments series. I really liked The Infernal Devices though.
4. NOPE. Popular Pairing:
A “ship” you don’t support
Alina and Mal. I went down with the Alina and Nikolai ship.
5. NOPE. Plot Twist:
A plot twist you didn’t see coming or didn’t like.
Unpopular opinion alert again: When Sarah J. Maas made a certain character gay. It felt really random and like she was trying to check off an item on a diversity list. (Again, I LOVE those books and SJM to death, but I didn’t like that particular twist.)
6. NOPE. Protagonist Action/Decision: A character decision that made you shake your head NOPE.
Can I put Mare here again?
7. NOPE. Genre: A genre you will never read.
Horror is a heck no for me.
8. NOPE. Book format: Book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out in a different edition.
I actually like all formats.
9. NOPE. Trope: A trope that makes you go NOPE.
INSTA LOVE! It’s just called lust. Ya don’t love each other.
10. NOPE. Recommendation: A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you simply refuse to read.
I always try to give recs a chance!
11. NOPE. Cliche/pet peeve: A cliche or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes.
When they have weird descriptions of people’s eyes. 😛
12. NOPE. Love interest: The love interest that’s not worthy of being one. A character you don’t think should have been a viable love interest.
Mal, Cal. I see a trend here.
13. NOPE. Book: A book that shouldn’t have existed that made you say NOPE.
The Shack. YUCK!
14. NOPE. Villain: A scary villain/antagonist you would hate to cross and would make you run in the opposite direction.
Gollum. I’ve been scared of him ever since I was a kid!
15. NOPE. Death: A character death that still haunts you.
I can’t say because it would be spoiler-y, but Endsinger by Jay Kristoff hurt my soul.
16. NOPE. Author: An author you had a bad experience reading for and have decided to quit.
John Green. So sorry.
I don’t really know of anyone to tag, so if you do it, let me know! I’d love to see your answers!