I saw this on StarlightBookTales blog and wanted to give it a go! I’m not sure who started this tag but it sure looks fun! I tag anyone who wants to do a Halloween type tag!
1. What goes bump in the night? Name a book that has legitimately scared you while reading it.
I don’t really read scary books so I’ll do my best to answer this! I think the “scariest” book I’ve read in a long while was The Gone World by Ton Sweterlitsch. It was a creepy sci-fi thriller!
2. Jack O’ Lanterns and Classic Costumes: A book you always reach for during Halloween time.
Going real generic and saying Harry Potter. Every year. Without fail. I don’t always make it all the way through though! In fact it’s usually just the first HP. I do plan on making though this year! I’m on book 3 right now!
3. Black Cats and Magic Mirrors: A book you love that is laced with superstition and/or magic.
I really enjoyed The Harp of Kings by Juliette Marillier!
4. Witch’s Brew: Favorite witch character in any book/series.
I’ve got Harry Potter on my mind! I’ll try to be more original though! How about the White Witch, Claire Fraser? Cheating a bit with this one.
5. Ghouls and Ghosts: A book that still haunts you to this day (good or bad).
Anything by Robin Hobb.
6. Haunted Graveyard: You’re all alone in a haunted graveyard, you get ONE book to give you comfort, which is it?
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. OR any of the Lord of the Rings books.
7. The Undead: Favorite supernatural creatures to read about (i.e. vampires, zombies, werewolves, etc).
I think Vampires! Even though as a creature, werewolves are my favorite, BUT I like Vampire books more.
8. In the dead of night: Pick a book with a black cover.
The tenth anniversary edition of The Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks is literally all black. The background, the title, and the sprayed edges.
Let me know if there are any other seasonal related book tags out there! It’s so fun!
2 thoughts on “Spooky Scary Book Tag”
I love the look of that Night Angel 10th edition. I was so tempted to by it. I think it fits the trilogy well.
Yes! It’s so perfect for it! It’s definitely one of my favorite books I own!